FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
When you arrive at our box office for your cruise, please proceed to our box office window to pick-up your boarding passes. Every passenger must have a boarding pass to board the boat. Infants (under 2 years of age) must be in our passenger count. So, when you are making a reservation online, on the phone, or at our box office, please indicate if you have an infant accompanying you and how many.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have prepared a set of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) which you might already be curious about, and some that you might not have thought of. If you have a specific question that you cannot find addressed in this list or in the website, please do not hesitate to contact us via telephone at (954) 462-5596, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TICKETING AND RESERVATIONS
- Do you have to make reservations for a specific date or time? Yes, if you want to guarantee seats on a specific date and time.
- What do I need to print after I purchase my tickets from junglequeen.com? After you purchase tickets online you will be sent an email with a confirmation number & barcode. Please print the email confirmation, if you cannot print your email confirmation, please have it available on your phone, and present it to the Box Office Concierge at the ticket counter on arrival to receive your boarding passes.
- What if I cannot print my email confirmation? As long as you have your confirmation number, we can look up your reservation.
- What is your refund policy? Please go to our Cancelation Policy on this site.
- Can I change my reservation to a different time or different day? Yes, if the change occurs at least 72 hours prior to the cruise and based on availability. Just call our Box Office at (954) 462-5596.
- Are the seats reserved? Reserved seating is available for groups of 15+.
- Do I have a confirmation number? Yes. Each reservation / ticketed passenger has a unique number.
- Do I need a passport? No, we stay in coastal Ft. Lauderdale waters.
- Do you charter the boats? Yes. Please fill out the form on our Groups and Charters page and we will get back to you quickly; or call us at (954) 771-1221 and ask for our Charter Department
- Is there a group discount? Yes, we offer discounted rates for groups of 15 or more passengers. You can reach our group department by filling out the form on our Groups and Charters page and we will get back to you quickly; or call us at (954) 771-1221 and Press Extension 2.
- How do I make a reservation for my group? If your group is 14 or less you can reserve your tickets online. If your group has 15 or more passengers, please fill out the form on our Groups and Charters page and we will get back to you quickly; or, call us at (954) 771-1221 Press Extension 2.
- How do I make a reservation for my school or camp? Call us at (954) 771-1221 and Press Extension 2.
- Is there parking? Yes, parking is available next to our Box Office at the Bahia Mar Hotel for a discounted set-rate of $7.00 or across the street at Fort Lauderdale Beach Park for a fee of $1.75 per hour – metered parking. Limited handicap decal parking is available at our dock.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- What if I, or someone in my group is allergic to peanut oil or peanut products, are lactose intolertant, or have any type of food allergy? Please contact our Box Office at (954) 462-5596 for further information.
- Can you arrange a vegetarian meal for the Dinner & Show Cruise? Yes. Vegetarian meals are available upon request, but must be arranged 24 hours in advance. Vegetarian options include choice of garden salad, garden salad with tuna or steamed vegetable platter.
- Do you provide birthday cakes or can we bring a cake? Yes, you may bring a cake. The crew will store it for you, and give it to your server on the Tropical Isle. We do not currently provide birthday cakes.
- Do you sing for birthdays? Yes. Let your server know when you arrive on our Tropical Isle for dinner.
- Do you serve food & drinks onboard the boat? Yes, water, soft drinks, beer, wine, liquor, and snacks.
- Do you serve food on your Tropical Isle? Yes. Our full-service concession stand is open upon arrival of our 1:30pm, 3-hour cruise and serves hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, salads, fruit cup, numerous snacks, ice cream, and drinks.
- Do you serve alcoholic beverages? Yes, we have a full service bar on both ships. During our 1:30 pm cruise, we also serve beer, wine, rum punch and piña colada on our Tropical Isle. And, on our 6:00 pm Dinner and Show cruise, our Tropical Isle also features a full bar. Please note that Florida State Law requires all persons consuming alcohol be 21 or over and as such that we reserve the right to check the ID of any and all individuals who are purchasing alcohol.
- Are tips included? No. Tips are not included but are greatly appreciated!
- Can we bring our own food/beverages on the boat? Unfortunately, you are not able to bring drinks or food onboard.
- Can we bring coolers? No, We are sorry, but coolers are not allowed aboard the boat.
- Can you accommodate wheelchairs? Yes, please let us know when making the reservation. Handicap decal parking is available at our dock if needed.
- Are the boat and Tropical Isle handicap accessible? Yes, the boat and Tropical Isle are handicap accessible.
- Can we bring a stroller? Yes, strollers securely folded and closed while the boat is underway are permitted for use at our Tropical Isle.
- Are there seat accommodations on the boat for overweight people? Yes, an armless chair can be provided upon request.
- Do you have headphones to hear the commentary in another language? No, we are sorry but we do not.
- What time do you have to be there? Boarding begins approximately forty-five (45) minutes before cruise time. The ships leave on time, so please be sure to allow enough time for traffic, parking, ticketing and boarding.
- Can I get off the ship once I have boarded? No. Due to Coast Guard regulations and for your safety and that of your fellow travelers, once you have boarded you cannot disembark until you either arrive at our Tropical Isle, or upon returning to the dock once the excursion is complete.
- Are your ships Coast Guard approved? Yes. We undergo regularly scheduled U.S. Coast Guard inspections and hold current Certificates of Inspection.
- Are there life jackets on the ships? Yes. The ships are equipped with enough adult and child life jackets in order to accommodate all our guests aboard.
- How many people do the ships hold? The MV Jungle Queen holds 385 Passengers plus crew, and the MV River Queen holds 110 passengers plus crew.
- Do you go if it rains? Yes, the ships are protected from inclement weather.
- How long does it take to get to the Tropical Isle? Just under an hour.
- Are there any seats in the sun? The ships are covered on the top, but are open on the sides so the sun does come through in some areas.
- Is it rough on the water? No, the ships cruise only on calm inland waterways.
- Do you go on the ocean? No.
- Are there bathrooms on the ships? Yes, there are bathrooms on the lower deck of the ships.
- Why can't we go on the very top decks? You can sit on our upper deck, however, access to the top pilothouse deck are authorized for crew only.
- Can we store luggage? Please call our Box Office prior to your cruise to make arrangements to store luggage. All bags are subject to inspection by our Captain, per Coast Guard regulations. We are not responsible for any loss or damage.
- Are there electrical outlets on the ships to plug in oxygen tanks or for cell phone charging use? Yes, we have a limited amount of electrical outlets available aboard our ships for customer use. Please see a crew member for availability.
- Is there a lot of walking on the Tropical Isle? There is limited amount of walking. Seating is available.
- Is there Wi-Fi on the ships or at the Tropical Isle? There is complimentary Wi-Fi on our Tropical Isle, but not on the ships.
- Do you provide any type of transportation? No. But, many hotels will provide transportation to nearby attractions for a fee. You may also arrange transportation through Uber, Lyft, Taxi.
- Can I leave from the Tropical Isle? No, all passengers must return to the dock aboard the boat. Arrangements can be made in the event of an emergency.
- Can we swim at the Tropical Isle? No, there are no swimming areas at the Tropical Isle.
- Are there high chairs and/or changing tables? There are Koala baby changing stations in both the men's and women's bathrooms on the Jungle Queen and the Tropical Isle's bathrooms. We have a limited number of high chairs that are available for dinner and can also seat you in an area that can accommodate your stroller. Please let us know at the time of booking.
- What is the attire? Casual attire on all cruises.
- Where is the Tropical Isle and how far away is it? Our Tropical Isle is in Fort Lauderdale off the New River, 8 miles west of our Box Office location.
- Do you take boarding pictures and how much do they cost? Yes, on the Jungle Queen our photographer takes your party's photo upon boarding. The photo package costs $20.00.
CONTACTING US REGARDING FAQs
If you have any questions about these FAQs, or have a specific question that has not been addressed on this website, you can send an email to email@example.com.
Effective as of: September 1, 2016